TGV 36th Disruption in Financial Services – New York (10 July 2019)
True Global Ventures has held 35 highly praised Disruption in Financial Services events in San Francisco, New York, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Mumbai, Tokyo, Zurich, Stockholm, London, Paris and Berlin. We are stringing together Blockchain trends and what Financial Institutions in the future might look like while bringing the industry together.
We do not allow any of our events to become PR & Marketing event, as media and journalists are not allowed, and Chatham rules apply. Beyond Fintech and Payments, we are also aggressively challenging the ongoing hype around Blockchain. We dig into real user cases of Blockchain applications to solve real problems and define what should go into production or Blockchain technology.
Our goal is to foster an engaging discussion with top industry leaders (corporates, investors, entrepreneurs) in FinTech & Blockchain:
Number of attendees: 100+
1/3: Investors (including Family Offices); 1/3: Corporates; 1/3: Start-ups (Founders)
Venue: Credit Suisse - EMA FL9 A/B/C Situation Room, 11 Madison Ave, New York, NY 10010, USA
Date: July 10 , 2019
Time: 13:00 - 18:30
13:00 - 13:30 Networking and Registration
13:30 – 13:40 Opening Fireside Chat
- Dusan Stojanovic, Partner at True Global Ventures with 10/19 exits and 3 exits in a week in 2012, awarding him “European Business Angel of the Year” in 2013
- Jalak Jobanputra, Founder/Managing Partner at FuturePerfect Ventures
13:40 - 14:25 : Digital Assets: The Future of Private and Public Markets?
- Vijay Chetty, VP Business Development at Sharespost and GLASS
- Colin Wynd, VP at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Moad Fahmi, Senior Advisor - Fintech at Bermuda Monetary Exchange
- Moderated by: Susan Gault-Brown, Chair, Investment Management Group, Co-chair, Blockchain + Smart Contracts Group, Morrison & Foerster LLP
14:25 - 15:10 : Technological Advancements in E-sports and Video Games
- Yat Siu, Chairman of Animoca Brands, CEO at Outblaze
- Mark Feldman, Co-founder of Standard Capital Group and Investor in Telegram Open Network
- Moderated by: David S Rose, Partner at True Global Ventures
15:10 - 15:40 : Networking and Refreshments
15:40 - 16:25 : Investors’ perspectives on trends in Venture Capital and Alternative Investments!
- David Teten, Venture Partner at HOF Capital
- Brian Delucia, Managing Partner at Arrivato Family Office
- Eric Munson, CIO at ADIT Ventures
- Ronen Schwartzman, CIO at Cooper Family Office
- Moderated by: Dusan Stojanovic, Partner at True Global Ventures
16:25 - 17:10 : The Future of Investing with Decentralised Funds
- Dusan Stojanovic, Partner at True Global Ventures with 10/19 exits and 3 exits in a week in 2012, awarding him "European Business Angel of the Year" in 2013
- Greg Kidd, Partner at True Global Ventures from San Francisco, Founding Member / Founding Investor in Ripple, Twitter, Coinbase and Square
- Yat Siu, Partner at True Global Ventures from Hong Kong
17:10 - 17:40 Networking and Refreshments
17:40 - 18:25 : Disruptive Use Cases: What's hot, what's not
- Emmanuel Aidoo, Head of Digital Asset Markets at Credit Suisse
- Agnes Budzyn, Managing Director at ConsenSys
- Arianna Simpson, Managing Director at Autonomous Partners
- Moderated by : Yat Siu, Partner at True Global Ventures
18:25 - 18:30: Closing Remarks
19:00 - 21:00: VIP Dinner (Invite only)
Venue: BLACKBARN Restaurant, 19 E 26th St, New York, NY 10010, USA
Co-organisers: Morrison Foerster & Credit Suisse
TGV 12th Meetup: Developer-Centric Meetup in New York
Venue: Arte West, 265 West 37th Street, New York, NY, 10018
Date: July 9, 2019
Time: 18:30 - 21:45
18:30 - 19:00 Networking & Registration
19:00 - 19:10 Opening Address by Dusan Stojanovic
Dusan is the Director and Founder of True Global Ventures with 10 out of 19 exits, “European Business Angel of the Year” 2013, did 3 Blockchain transactions in 3 weeks in 2017/2018.
19:10 - 19:35 Opening Speaker: Yat Siu, Chairman of the Board at Animoca Brands, CEO at Outblaze
Multiple Animoca Brands titles leverage internationally recognized intellectual properties such as MasterChef, Garfield, Doraemon, Ben 10, Astro Boy, Beast Quest and more all fully licensed by their respective IP owners. Animoca also recently acquired Stryking Entertainment in Europe with Bayern Munich and the Bundesliga license, Formula 1 license and Major League Baseball champions license. Their vision is to bring the next millions onto Blockchain through gaming!
19:35 - 19:55 Networking & Break
19:55 - 20:20 Insights with David Edelsohn
Senior Technical Staff Member, Open Source Ecosystem, CTO GCC Technology at IBM.
20:20 - 20:45 Opensource project: Bountysource powered by CanYa: JP THOR, CEO of CanYa
Bountysource allows anyone to post bounties for open-source projects, developers can solve and earn money. Bountysource closed the largest bounty ever on Bountysource with Mozilla, backed by Education First at USD50,000 and renewed with IBM for USD100,000 worth of Bounties to be placed on their platform. Bountysource now has a community of 58,000 open-source developers (growing by 10,000/year) and customers include Facebook, Ripple, Google. Bounties can be paid in fiat and digital currencies.
20:45 - 21:05 Networking & Break
21:05 – 21:30 Ethereum Ecosystem - Gitcoin by Vivek Singh, Co - Founder of Gitcoin
Gitcoin is a decentralized application built on Ethereum’s blockchain. A community for developers to collaborate and monetize their skills while working on Open Source projects through bounties.
21:30 - 21:45 Closing Speaker : James Haft, CEO at PAL Capital
Co-organised by: PAL Capital